Latest News for: Poem

Edit

Poem: A fresh start

Post Bulletin 23 Apr 2024
Spring is all about renewal ... ... ... ... This poem was inspired by Deborah Pitzen, her former speech coach, who recently told her. "Spring is all about renewal." ... Send poems to life@postbulletin.com with the subject line "Poetry submission."]]> .
Edit

How the poems of Banjo Paterson's son kept the legend of the Rats of Tobruk alive

Australian Broadcasting Corporation 22 Apr 2024
As the German artillery, infantry, and air force unleashed wave after wave of attacks on Tobruk, Hugh Paterson wrote poems to lift the morale of his fellow soldiers ... .
Edit

Stevie Nicks penned prologue poem for Taylor Swift’s ‘Tortured Poets Department’

The Brunswick News 22 Apr 2024
While all eyes (and ears) are on Taylor Swift’s latest album, Stevie Nicks actually put pen to paper for “The Tortured Poets Department.” The former Fleetwood Mac singer’s “For T and Me” poem is featured as the written prologue on ... .
Edit

Poem of the week: Ars Poetica, XI by Mary Jean Chan

The Guardian 22 Apr 2024
Revisit poems that spark mysterious doorways in the mind and glistening eyes.
Edit

Letter: Sharing a poem written for Earth Day

Ogden Standard Examiner 22 Apr 2024
Pleasant View. (In honor of Earth Day, April 22, 2024). My grandpa’s cherries were red and sour; perfect for pies!. This place was different then. There were few fences or walls to keep animals out. No division among foothills and pastures ... Dogs and hawks.
Edit

Uncovering a CS Lewis poem

Phys Dot Org 22 Apr 2024
A forgotten poem by Chronicles of Narnia author CS Lewis reveals details of friendships between fantasy writers and medievalists at the University of Leeds. The 1935 poem, ... The poem was unearthed by Dr.
Edit

Uncovering a CS Lewis poem in Special Collections (University of Leeds)

Public Technologies 22 Apr 2024
) Uncovering a CS Lewis poem in Special Collections ... A forgotten poem by Chronicles of Narnia author CS Lewis reveals details of friendships between fantasy writers and medievalists at the University of Leeds.
Edit

Opinion: Why gardens and poems rhyme

CNN 22 Apr 2024
I felt more able to settle into my other work, which is writing, and particularly writing poems ... This year, particularly, I’ve been meditating on the fact that gardens and poems share critical, linked invitations.
Edit

Unknown CS Lewis poem on whisky and warm blankets discovered

AOL 20 Apr 2024
A previously-unknown poem by CS Lewis, in which he finds inspiration in whisky, warm blankets and the Anglo-Saxon epic Beowulf, has been discovered ... The poem casts light on the friendships between these fantasy writers and medievalists.
Edit

Poem of the Week: Early Morning

The Irish Times 20 Apr 2024
A new work by Eva Bourke. Photograph. iStock. Eva Bourke. Sat Apr 20 2024 - 04.00. See this woman at sunrise who watches. the shifting light and shadows ... Photograph.
Edit

Taylor Swift’s New Album Opens With a Stevie Nicks Poem

Rollingstone 19 Apr 2024
But you can only find it on physical versions of The Tortured Poets Department ....
Edit

Rockport author pens book on children’s poems

Gloucester Daily Times 19 Apr 2024
ROCKPORT — Local author Sharon Chace thinks well of poetry ... .

Most Viewed

In this photo released by Prime Minister Office, Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, right, with Pakistan's Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, left, prays after planting a tree in the prime minister house in Islamabad, Pakistan, Monday, April 22, 2024.
AP / Prime Minister Office via AP
File - On 5 June 2022, Volodymyr Zelenskyy "visited command posts and frontline positions of Ukrainian troops in the area of Bakhmut in the Donetsk region and Lysychansk in the Luhansk region
Creative Commons / President.gov.ua / https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed